Saturday, October 9, 2010

An Accident Waiting to Happen

Take a look.  There's something seriously wrong with this picture other than the fact that it has a pale cream interior that's terribly impractical when you're driving kids hither and yon in a country that has rain 200 days out of the year.








What the hell am I gonna do with the steering wheel on the wrong damn side of the car?  That's right, John Q. Public, I'm using some choice language here because I'm that freaked out about it.  It's not like I was planning to ship my land yacht of a Yukon to England.  No doubt I'd soon be jailed for involuntary manslaughter after mowing over lots of innocent folks in itty bitty compact cars that get fabulous gas mileage.  Who really needs those side mirrors anyway?  We'll be investing in a slightly used British car once we get on our feet in Surrey, or rather once we're tired of walking everywhere in the cold January weather.


Bring on the fast talking, elitist, crumpet eating, hot tea swilling folks who may be wont to look down their noses at simple Texas folk like me.  I can handle the damp climate, long winter nights and the fact that I'll always need to have an umbrella handy.  You don't scare me with your hogshead cheese or steak and kidney pie.  Your roundabouts, AKA traffic circles, are NOT the stuff of nightmares.  I'm made of much sterner stuff than that.  


Just please don't make me drive on the wrong side of the car... and road!

No comments:

Post a Comment