Thursday, January 3, 2013

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

We returned to our house in England this morning and were greeted by some good news.  I passed the Texas state certification test for special education while the teen was accepted to Texas A&M University.  I hadn't checked her status on the university website since we rushed out of town the minute semester exams were done.  It seems an acceptance letter was sent to our house in England on Dec. 17, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Ollie, my furry child, will be dropped off from doggie daycare any minute now.  We haven't seen him in two weeks and we missed the little goof.  Thanks to my mother-in-law, I returned to England with just one set of dirty pajamas for each of us since I ran two loads of clothes through her machines yesterday evening.  So that just leaves a bit more unpacking to do before we store the big suitcases until the next school break in mid February.

It was sad to leave the husband in Texas, but we're about to enter the downhill slide of the teen's senior year.  We'll be crossing weeks off the calendar and holding on for school holidays so we can all be together again as a family.  I'm gonna suck it up, do the single parenting gig and take advantage of our last six months of living in Europe.  


No comments:

Post a Comment