Monday, June 24, 2013

Full Circle

Golly, this seems familiar. We're living on a few spare bits of furniture while scrambling to get things like a car to drive. Thankfully, the beauty of repatriating is that we don't have to relearn everything. I know how to get to the local grocery store, a new and improved facility since we moved to England that boasts every little thing I could want. I even know a couple different route options concerning the drive to get to the lovely grocery store where I don't have to pay for parking.

I still don't have a car, but I'm looking. Or rather the sales guy at the dealership is looking for exactly what I want in other major Texas cities since the local guys don't have it. The to-do list seems to get longer despite the fact that I'm crossing off things every day. I still haven't eaten a Tex Mex meal at my fave restaurant in San Antonio, but I'm doing the next best thing and cooking tacos for supper tonight. Finally... USDA ground beef that beats the heck outta that gamey, stringy British beef we've refused to eat for the past 2.5 years. 

Yesterday we had a lovely Sunday lunch with my sister and her family that my mother made. The cornbread salad and butterscotch pie were especially tasty, though it was all delicious. Her pugs have woofed and hotfooted it away from Ollie, but don't seem to mind him too much. It took a while for Ollie to be processed through customs in Houston Friday afternoon and he was so glad to be released from his prison kennel after an almost 10 hour flight. Every morning, I take him for a 2-3 mile walk in the 'hood and he seems to be doing fine with the Texas heat. We've had him in the pool once and he doesn't seem too taken with it, which is good since we don't want him flinging himself in for a dip every time we let him into the back yard.

I've got a few final pics from England on my UK phone, but need to locate a connector for the computer so I can include them in the next post. It's just one of the many things I need to get accomplished now that we're back home where we belong.


No comments:

Post a Comment