Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sunbury Antiques Market

Yesterday a friend and I went over to Kempton Park in order to snoop through the Sunbury antiques market. Almost immediately, I spotted several sets of salt cellars. My sister collects them and so I thought it would be fun to buy a pair for her. According to the sweet little old lady vendor, this pair in the original box was made in 1906.


I ended up purchasing a few other odds and ends - a chicken shaped candy mould and a few advertisement tins. 



I really wanted an old royal mail post box, but it weighed a ton and cost a pretty pence. I'm not much of a collector, but I do wish I had discovered this twice monthly market earlier during our time in England. No doubt there were some great finds and deals to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment