I've had a variety of things to post on the blog, but there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. Oh sure, I could just go ahead and lose my mind trying to do it all, but what's the point. They can put me in the local looney bin, but that doesn't get the clothes washed or the clean dishes put away.
Below are some bulleted highlights of November and December that my fuzzy, middle-aged brain can recall without checking the calendar in my planner…
- the coed was accepted into a short fine arts study abroad class that will travel to Ghana to teach art to school children in May once the spring semester ends
- we traveled to NYC for the fabulous Macy's Day parade, scratching another item off my bucket list
- I booked us on a spring break trip to Turks & Caicos, much to the chagrin of my husband when he found out how expensive it is to visit the pristine white sands and turquoise waters of a more exclusive resort that isn't frequented by college kids or low end cruise line ships
- I shed 20 lbs this semester the old fashioned way by eating sensibly and exercising regularly
- temporarily losing my mind, I decided to host both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day here at our house, mainly because we've had to travel back to Texas the past two years for Christmas and I wanted folks to come to us this year instead of us traveling around to other people's houses once again
I know there's more - there always is thanks to the perimenopausal haze that keeps my brain foggy these days - but at least these are the highlights. I hope every one of my family and friends are blessed with a healthy and peaceful Christmas celebrating the birth of our saviour. And may your blessings continue into the new year!
Happy Holidays from Radio City Music Hall