Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015

Happy New Year! Where oh where did the last year go… and so danged quickly. At this rate, I'll be dead and buried in the blink of an eye if time doesn't slow down a bit.

We braved the cold, drizzly weather to meet up with the husband's family in Lampasas at the ranch. I spent most of the day parked in a chair near the fireplace in the cook house, alternately watching bowl games and reading my Kindle.

The girls had a chance to visit with their cousins and set off a truckload of fireworks well in advance of midnight that no doubt scared the bejesus out of all the various exotic critters at the ranch. Firecracker couple that we are, the husband and I slept through the end of 2014.

No doubt 2015 will be an interesting year for us. The college coed is headed to a large Texas university when the spring semester begins later this month, moving into the sorority house with what will be her first 40ish friends. The 8th grader will (gasp) register for high school next month. I will find out what my teaching fate will be for next year since campuses are in flux. Sixth grade history? Upper elementary special ed? Only the Lord knows at this point where the path will lead.

I wish all of my family and friends a year full of faith and grace, creating lots of wonderful memories with those you hold near and dear.




No comments:

Post a Comment