Wednesday, September 16, 2015

One of these things is not like the other

Actually, it was three of these things not like the other five. How can you send three of four sofa sections covered in the wrong coloured fabric? It's kinda mind-boggling when this Scandinavian based furniture company has a good track record with us for miscellaneous home items on the cheap, yet totally botched one of their pricier sofas.




I opened up the first box of eight and thought hmmm, this isn't how I recall the sample looking, but it was night time and so I thought maybe it was just the lighting. I opened up a second box to the same colour and I'm still not convinced it's right. Then I get to the third box and finally see the brown shade I ordered for these two sofas to put in the third floor cinema room. 

I'm still trying to figure out how this happened, three boxes of gray and one box of brown all bundled together in the same flat. The customer service rep was lovely and is sending out a truck on Sunday, practically unheard of over here, to retrieve the mismatched sofa boxes. Now I'll just have to wait ANOTHER five weeks for the correctly upholstered sofa. And this time we're opening up all four boxes before the delivery truck departs to make sure they got it right on the second go round before we hike it up to the top floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment