Thursday, December 17, 2015

Reminiscing

There are a lot of things I enjoy about my temporary forced retirement from teaching. Staying up late reading a good book on a school night. Running errands mid-morning on a weekday when nothing is crowded. Scheduling appointments at my leisure instead of only after school dismisses for the day.

But it's weeks like this when I really miss teaching. The excitement of my students was always contagious as we counted down the days until Christmas holidays. Exchanging goodies with fellow teachers. Seeing holiday themed decor on bulletin boards in the hallways. Looking forward to early dismissal on Friday, grateful I wouldn't have to set the alarm clock for the next two weeks. Knowing I had tons of time to get stacks of papers graded by the deadline for second nine weeks report cards in January.

Hang in there, teacher friends - you've almost made it to a well deserved rest!


No comments:

Post a Comment