Friday, April 29, 2016

Spring Aint Sprung Yet

Lord have mercy, y'all... I'm beginning to think we're gonna skip right over spring and go straight to summer. There were some initial signs in March and early April with temps warming into the low 60s, tulips in bloom and trees starting to bud. The teen's school grounds greened up and they switched over to spring uniform. Spring break and Easter were celebrated. Even the doggy daycare centre weekly updates were yammering about how much the dogs and humans were enjoying early spring.



That's the school pictured above, not too far from the swan and duck pond on the south side of campus. Below you'll see Ollie snuffling through the grass at daycare last week, hanging with his doggy friends.




It certainly wasn't shorts, sandals and pretty pedis time yet, but I know I'm not the only one who switched out the turtlenecks and quilted vests in my closest for pink and yellow 3/4 sleeve cardis. I obviously got all ahead of myself and turned off the heated towels bars in my bathroom as well as the daughter's. And then this arrived on Tuesday. Seriously. Snowflakes and hail mixed in with the rain. Overnight lows in the 30s and highs in the mid 50s. Maybe we'll SPRING into some milder temps as we turn the calendar page to May this weekend. With no AC in the house, I've gotta admit I'll take cooler than normal temps over a British heat wave any day of the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment