Sunday, August 21, 2016

Back to the Real World, Expat Housewife Version

So a lot has happened since my last post. The couples only Mekong River cruise was AMAZING. Great boat, great itinerary, great sightseeing. I could have done without the heat and humidity, of course, but it was all part and parcel of the experience. 

I got a new passport on Wednesday that's gonna let me leave the UK next month for a little trip to Munich's Oktoberfest, and it was returned to me in record time. Very impressive, US embassy in London.

The other big news is that we're buying property back in Texas for our eventual return. It's exciting to contemplate the build of a custom home. Getting exactly what I like and want (I may let the husband have a bit of input, too) will undoubtedly blow my little mind, and I'm looking forward to beginning that process at some point. 

I'll be dashing off some new posts here in the blogosphere this next week once I finally get the Asia pics downloaded from the good camera. In the meantime, I must say my thoughts and wishes are with all of the teachers and kiddos back in Texas returning to the classroom. I'm living the dream here in England, but I still miss my calling. Happy thought - it will still be there when I return to Texas and pick up where I left off in the teaching trenches. 

In the meantime, enjoy this meme I found. Momcation 2016-17 kicks off for me next Tuesday when the younger daughter starts 10th grade on August 30th. 



No comments:

Post a Comment