Saturday, October 8, 2016

Summer Travels - Angkor Temple Complex

I know, I know, I'm waaaaaay behind with my posting from our Mekong River cruise in the summer. Probably a big part of my hesitancy in tackling this task is because I have a zillion pics and it was all so impressive that I feel like I need to create a bunch of posts that includes a lot of pictorial editing and recollection of what we saw. At the risk of coming across like a slacker, I've decided to just give you the 2-3 post highlights of the trip because seriously, y'all, I've got a lot on my plate right now. I don't want to splash it out on social media just yet, so I'll get back to you with more deets later this month. 

In the meantime, here are some of my favourite pics from our visit to the Angkor temple complex when we kicked off our cruise tour in Siem Reap, Cambodia. The tour guide was fabulous, the temples were incredible and the weather was Southeast Texas icky - heat and humidity that had me dripping in sweat. Literally. I could feel it running down my back and legs. This trip was definitely a two shower per day undertaking. But so worth the soap and water because it was breathtaking. 














The carving was intricate, most from the 10-12th centuries, so I as surprised it was in such good shape considering the climate, wars, etc. You can see how mother nature is making inroads to take it all back. 

My favourite pic en route to Cambodia was taken in the Bangkok airport when we changed planes. Mom slept while the kiddo sat atop her with his electronic game in hand and entertained himself for about an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment