Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Falling into October

Statistically, it was bound to happen. I'd stay relatively healthy, somewhat sane, avoid getting hit by a bus and see my 50th birthday this month. The run from October to Christmas every year just makes me giddy. I love pretty much everything about this time of year. Football season, cooler temps (eventually?!), my birthday, halloween candy, Aunt Mary's pumpkin pie recipe and decorating the house before Turkey Day for Christmas. Santa Claus will be coming to town the week of Nov. 13. Because when you've been collecting Jolly Old St. Nick for 25+ years, you gotta put out the bins worth of decor and get maximum mileage out of my investment which the husband swears our girls will donate to Goodwill before my dead body turns cold. But whatever... I'm gonna enjoy it from now until I depart to the great beyond.



Over the weekend I was listening to Christmas songs to put me in the right frame of mind while I was browsing holiday decor at some of my favorite online stores. With my Santa obsession collection, I'm always looking to add new and interesting pieces. I think this Christmas tree base is super cute. 



But I'm not sure if it will work with that spinny thing that makes the tree slowly rotate. Because this year I really think I need one of those since we're going with a 7.5' skinny tree for the front living area. Growing up you could always see our tree from the street, so I really want that again here in my old age. I think that's another reason I enjoy the holidays, strolling down memory lane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment