Tuesday, December 26, 2017

See ya' later, Santa Claus

Santa has left the building. I've thoroughly enjoyed our holiday decor for the past six weeks, but today I woke up ready to look to 2018 with nary a St. Nick in sight. After entertaining a total of 20 folks over the course of the 24th and 25th, not counting our family of four both days, I don't want to see a full page grocery shopping list or have to crank up five of the range's six burners to whip up one meal for a while.






Today the husband and I worked together to get Christmas packed up and ready for storage out in the workshop. And then it dawned on me - I don't have any everyday decor to put out on the buffet, big dining table or front coffee table. I had forgotten that when I was setting the house up in August, I decided to go straight for fall decor. Then I shuffled that into storage to make way for Santa in November. So I had to spend some time this afternoon doing a bit of online shopping. It's a hodgepodge (as you can see below) but that's what I like about our house, being able to mix the old and new, rustic and contemporary in one space. Here are a few of the things I'm waiting to be delivered.






No comments:

Post a Comment