Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Nothing But Net

Saturday night, I took my CASA boy (I'm a court appointed special advocate) and his grandparents, who have kinship custody, to an NBA Spurs game. My sweet little 5th gr boy was so, so happy to see his favorite team and players he really admires, particularly Ginobili, Parker and Leonard. These professional athletes really are a shining light in the sport, all about the we instead of me, full of humility rather than glory hogs seeking camera time and self aggrandizement.

We seldom request the executive perks available to my husband, so it was a blessing to be able to ask and receive tickets in the company box that allowed me to make this precious boy's dream come true. He and his grandparents had a wonderful time, something they won't soon forget, and I'm just happy I was able to have a hand in making it happen thanks to my husband's generous employer. It was a bit of a blowout with the Spurs walloping the Denver Nuggets, but we still had a blast. GO SPURS GO!





No comments:

Post a Comment