Wednesday, April 4, 2018

A beautiful day in the neighborhood

I'm enjoying the last of them, those late season cooler air fronts that blow through Texas. We'll hit the triple digits all too soon and be sweating in the stands at football games through October until the cooler winds arrive once more.


Thanks to the little spring tassel thingies in our oak trees, this is what our pool looked like this morning. After working on it for a total of about an hour, with the dogs keeping me company, it was back to looking presentable once again.


Late yesterday afternoon, we discovered the wildebeest mount that was hung about two weeks ago in the cabana trophy room took a tumble off the wall and broke a horn. So now we need to send it back to the taxidermist to get this boo-boo fixed.


Since mother was at my senior nephew's last high school golf tourney with my sister all day, I was in charge of her pugzillas. At one point, Max wandered over to the poolside to see what Pepper was checking out. Monkey see, monkey do.


In between potty business and munching on mulch around the trees, the pugs wandered over and so I petted them. Then immediately regretted it since they shed like cheap fur coats.


This pic I took of Ruby cracks me up because she looks like some sort of alien creature. I think maybe it's the ears because they stick straight out from her head.


No comments:

Post a Comment