Monday, April 9, 2018

Elvis got back into the building

It was a typical weekend for us. The husband went to the office to work part of the day on Saturday and Sunday. He and I also hit one of the local home improvement stores Friday evening for the last necessary bits to put up a new volleyball net for the sand pit on the farthest reaches of our property. The teen seems jazzed about sand volleyball with friends this summer.


Our very independent minded 17-yr-old made a run to the grocery store for more vegan munchies and got a spray tan. She likes some sun kissed legs - what can I say. I cleaned the pool... thanks windy cool front for blowing more crap out of the trees for me to skim with the net for almost an hour. Saturday was downright cold with highs only in the upper 50s, so the dogs snuggled up with me for a nap Saturday afternoon.


Later that evening, we went to the school's annual fundraiser. The theme was Las Vegas, so of course Elvis made an appearance.



The husband and I are not extroverted folks looking for any old excuse to get out of the house and socialize, so fundraisers aren't exactly our scene. We'd take delivery pizza and Netflix over wearing heels, a tie and making small talk any day of the week. However, we do think it's important to support the causes behind fundraisers, so on with the heels and pearls and off we went. Fortunately, I had the winning bid on a portrait session with our favorite local photographer. Planner that I am, already thinking ahead to senior year photos, I was happy to help out the school with our donation AND commit ourselves to what should be some fabulous pics for our walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment